Thursday, April 13, 2006

REDNECKS VS. ZOMBIES

So I was watching a bunch of "evil redneck" movies last night: DELIVERANCE, SOUTHERN COMFORT and THE INTRUDER (aka I HATE YOUR GUTS!) and got to thinking about how they would make great zombie movies, LOL. You just start them off the same, with the unsuspecting yankees going deep into redneck territory, then encountering the crazy rednecks as usual, but then, when the bodies start to pile up, they come back to life as zombies and present a new threat for both the rednecks and the yanks to deal with! You get the best of both worlds... an intelligent script, great cast, creepy location and (best of all) ZOMBIES! I'm not talking about a low-brow comedy like Troma's REDNECK ZOMBIES, either, but a balls-to-the-wall backwoods action/horror/thriller. You can see glimpses of what this might be like in George Romero's classic Dead trilogy and Tom Savini's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD remake.

My buddy, Isaac Cooper (the zombie from my film THE NECRO FILES) says this kind of thinking makes me a hack, LOL, and complains that I've got zombies on the brain, LOL...

Well, what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home