Sunday, June 11, 2006

ZOMBIE NOVEL: How Does It End?

After a brief nap and watching reruns of The Dukes of Hazzard eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in my underwear, I got back to work and started wondering...

So, zombie fans--How should my novel, DEATHBREED, end?

A) Everyone gets eaten! (like in Burial Ground)

B) Everyone cool lives, but just barely, ala Day of the Dead.

C) At least one person survives, but faces an uncertain fate, ala the original Dawn of the Dead.

D) Most people survive and face an uncertain fate, setting the book up for an obvious sequel and pissing everyone who reads it off because there's no resolution...

E) It was all a dream! (like in Nightmare City)

If you do vote, I'd appreciate knowing why you picked the ending you did. It will definitely help me in my decision. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite ending is the one corresponding better to the post apocalyptic ambiance: dawn of the dead. Very pessimistic.
However, there is one type you forgot: return of the living dead (part 1).

Good luck on your novel

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Todd Tjersland said...

You're right! I did forget the "nuclear bomb" scenario from RotLD. Well, I guess that shows I never considered it in the first place--maybe I'll use it in the sequel?

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home