Wednesday, April 19, 2006

NEW ZOMBIE NOVEL UNDERWAY

I'm pleased to announce that substantial work has begun on my first horror novel, titled DEATHBREED: A Zombie Novel. The story reveals how a colorful group of small town characters discover and confront an invasion of flesh-eating zombies. As society descends into chaos around them, they hole up in a convenience store and wait to be rescued. Outside, the horde of howling corpses decimate their friends and neighbors, swelling the ranks of the undead! When it becomes apparent that no rescue is coming, they must formulate a daring plan of escape. But the group fractures under the strain of conflicting egos and death stalks the survivors...

If I were to pitch it conceptually, I suppose I'd say it was CLERKS meets DAWN OF THE DEAD. Those of you familiar with my screenplay work for films like THE NECRO FILES know my sick sense of humor; while present in my novel, the humor extends naturally from the characters rather than the situation.

I'm pounding out 5+ pages a day (with weekends off for bad behavior!), so it should be ready in a few months...

Photo Copyright 2006 Todd Tjersland. All Rights Reserved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Tjersland said...

FYI: Still pluggin' away at it...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home