Sunday, June 18, 2006

ZOMBIE NOVEL: What's In A Name?

Well, it's official... After much deliberation, I've finally brainstormed up a title for my novel! It's now called DEATHBREED: A ZOMBIE NOVEL. I had wanted to work the words "dead," "living dead" or "zombie(s)" in there somewhere, but in the end, opted for something more original. About the only one that works in a title these days without sounding cheesy is just plain old "dead," but that's not as specific as "zombie" and I want fans to immediately know that this is a zombie novel. "Living Dead" could mean "vampires" or some other form of undead, so that's another reason why I ruled that out.

To get around the issue of not having the word "zombie" in my title, I take a cue from several other authors, by adding "A Zombie Novel" as the subtitle. For the book's main title, I wanted something short and sweet, and DEATHBREED fits that bill nicely. Zombies are bred from death, and create death in their wake (that's how they reproduce), so it's a clever name, even if maybe it does sound a bit like a heavy metal band, LOL. I've gone back through all my old blog posts and edited them to reflect the new title.

For more information on my novel and other projects, as well as to chat with me and horror fans from around the world about whatever floats your boat, you can visit my official messageboard at either ZombieNovel.Com or DeathbreedNovel.Com.

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you there!

P.S.: I'm still at 95,000 words on my novel--creating and maintaining the messageboard community has eaten up much of the past week but I think it has been worth it. The boards are a work in progress, so if anyone wants to create banners, skins, websites or other design elements for me, that would be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home