Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SILENT HILL Movie Review

Saw SILENT HILL at the theatre tonight. It made about as much sense as the video games, which is to say, none at all!!! It had some graphic and disturbing images (and a little zombie nurse action toward the end) but this was not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sure everyone onboard this project tried to make the best of it; the effort they put in really shows, but the script just wasn't there. That said, it was a million times better than either RESIDENT EVIL or HOUSE OF THE DEAD (or their sequels). For what it's worth, I'd say it was one of the best (and as far as I know, faithful) big screen video game adaptations. The problem lies more with the nonsensical Japanese source material than anything else.

SILENT HILL really felt like the video game... a game that scared me in the beginning (with those zombie kids) but quickly confused, frustrated and bored me not long after so that I never bothered to complete it (unlike the RESIDENT EVIL games, despite their stupid puzzles, LOL).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home